Every month we'll bill your credit card the fee stated at the time of purchase plus applicable tax. As soon as you've successfully completed the sign-up process and your payment is confirmed, your membership will begin.
After that, we'll renew your monthly subscription automatically, unless you cancel. The price is subject to change, but we will always notify you beforehand.
All sales are final for monthly accounts. To prevent your account from auto renewal call or email customer support prior to the renewal date.
Full payment for the one-year term is due at the time of purchase. As soon as you've successfully completed this sign-up process and your payment is confirmed, your membership will begin.
The price is valid for a full 12 months. After that, we'll renew your contract automatically unless you cancel. The price is subject to change, but we will always notify you beforehand.
All sales are final for annual accounts. To prevent your account from auto renewal call or email customer support prior to the renewal date.
|Standard Terms and Conditions|
1. The contents of the Service are intended for the sole use of authorized subscribers and may not be resold. All materials published on the Service are protected by copyright and owned and controlled by CivilScape News (“Civilscape”) or the party credited as the provider of the content. The Subscriber shall indemnify CivilScape against liability arising out of or in connection with the Subscriber's breach of any limitation set forth above, or any such breach or violation by any person to whom the Subscriber has given his password or authorized or permitted the use of the Subscriber's Civilscape account in any way.
Subscriber shall provide CivilScape with accurate, complete and up-to-date registration information. Failure to do so could result in the immediate termination of the Subscriber's account.
The Service is made available on an "as is" basis, without warranties of any kind, and fee is nonrefundable. CivilScape offers no warranties regarding the availability, accuracy, sufficiency or suitability of the Service or the contents of any information accessed via the Service. The Subscriber has the sole responsibility for inspecting and verifying all services and the content to the Subscriber's satisfaction before using them.
You may not access the Service if you are a direct competitor of CivilScape, except with Civilscape’s prior written consent. In addition, you may not access the Service for purposes of monitoring its availability, performance or functionality, or for any other benchmarking or competitive purposes.
2. Customer Warranties. Customer represents and warrants to CivilScape that there exists, at the commencement of this Agreement and for all periods hereunder: no legal reason that CivilScape should deny Services to Customer; that Customer is of legal majority age (i.e., 18 years of age or older in most jurisdictions); and that Customer's use of Services is not for any illegal or injurious purpose or purposes. Customer represents and warrants to CivilScape that Customer will not use the Services to publish, post, distribute, receive or disseminate defamatory, infringing, obscene, or other unlawful material or to threaten, harass, stalk, abuse, or otherwise violate the legal rights (including without limitation rights of privacy and publicity) of others. Customer represents and warrants that Customer will not intercept or attempt to intercept the communications of others using the Services or to delete materials of CivilScape or of others using the Services or to corrupt or interfere with the Services in any respect or to falsify the origin of Customer's communications. Further, Customer represents and warrants to CivilScape Customer's strict compliance with copyright laws applicable to the information obtained via the Services.
3. Indemnity. Customer agrees to indemnify and hold CivilScape, its officers, employees and its suppliers harmless from and against any loss, claim, demand, expense (including attorney's fees), or liability of whatever nature or kind of Customer or of third parties arising out of the use of Service or materials provided hereunder; provided however, that such obligations shall not apply where the loss, claim, demand, expense, or liability arises from CivilScape’s infringement of the intellectual rights of third parties. CivilScape agrees to indemnify and hold Customer, its officers, and employees harmless from and against any loss, claim, demand, expense (including attorney’s fees) or liability arising out of CivilScape’s infringement of the intellectual property rights of third parties.
4. Data and Service. THE DATA AND SERVICES FURNISHED HEREUNDER ARE FURNISHED "AS IS." CIVILSCAPE AND ITS INFORMATION PROVIDERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR MERCHANTABILITY, NOR ARE ANY SUCH WARRANTIES TO BE IMPLIED WITH RESPECT TO THE DATA OR SERVICES FURNISHED. CIVILSCAPE AND ITS INFORMATION PROVIDERS ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY WITH RESPECT TO CUSTOMER OR ITS EMPLOYEES, CLIENTS, OR CUSTOMERS USE THEREOF. CIVILSCAPE AND ITS SUPPLIERS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF, NOR SHALL THEY BE LIABLE FOR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OR "LOST PROFITS." IN NO EVENT SHALL CIVILSCAPE OR ITS SUPPLIERS LIABILITY TO CUSTOMER FOR DAMAGES, REGARDLESS OF CAUSE OR FORM OF ACTION, EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE ORDER FOR ONE (1) YEAR PRECEDING THE INCIDENT GIVING RISE TO SUCH DAMAGES. SUCH LIMITATION, HOWEVER, SHALL NOT BE APPLICABLE TO CLAIMS INVOLVING INFRINGEMENT OF THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES.
5. License and Use. Customer may not use any data or documentation received from the Service except as expressly provided in this Agreement. Customer agrees, for itself and for any party acting by or through Customer: (i) To allow its password(s) and any documentation, or data received from the Service, to be used only by Customer's authorized users (ii) Not to transfer, by any means whatsoever, any data or documentation received from the Service (or copies thereof), to any person, organization or institution outside the Approved User-Base and to prohibit any member of the Approved User-Base from doing so; (iii) Not to sell, exchange, barter, or transfer, rent, lease, loan, resell for profit, distribute or in any other manner commercially exploit any data or documentation received from the Service; or obscure copyright notices contained on data or documentation received from the Service. Exceptions to these conditions, where requested in writing by Customer, may be granted by CivilScape’s sole discretion.
6. Use of Purchase Order. In case of any conflict with the terms of this agreement and the customer’s purchase order, terms of this agreement shall control and prevail.
7. Termination of Agreement. This Agreement remains in effect until terminated by either party. Customer will provide 30 days written notice before the end of a month to CivilScape in accordance with the terms set forth in the Rider(s) in order to terminate this agreement.
8. Law. This Agreement shall be construed and interpreted solely in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois, United States of America, without application of its conflict of laws provisions. Should any term and condition be declared illegal or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed from the remainder of this Agreement without affecting the legality or enforceability of the remaining portions. CivilScape's remedies set forth herein are not exclusive and are in addition to any and all other remedies available at law or in equity, none of which shall be deemed as waived by virtue of CivilScape's exercise of any other remedy.
9. Force Majeure. CivilScape and its information providers shall not be liable or deemed to be in default for any delays or failure in performance or interruption of Service resulting directly or indirectly from any cause or circumstance beyond their reasonable control.
10. Assignment. This Agreement is not assignable or transferable by Customer and any attempted assignment or transfer shall be null and void and of no force or effect. CivilScape may assign this Agreement and/or payments due without requirement for Customer's permission or approval.
11. Final Agreement. This Agreement (including any revisions) constitutes the entire agreement between the parties. This Agreement may only be modified in writing by CivilScape.
12. Customer agrees to allow usage of Customer’s logo image and URL link to Customer’s website, at CivilScape’s sole discretion, for purposes of inclusion in CivilScape’s “Our Customers” page. CivilScape agrees to remove Customer’s logo and URL link at Customer’s request for any reason. Customer agrees to indemnify and hold CivilScape, its officers, employees and its suppliers harmless from and against any loss, claim, demand, expense (including attorney's fees), or liability of whatever nature or kind of Customer or of third parties arising out of the use of Customer’s logo image and URL link.